Okay, so I only read 16 books (fiction/non-fiction) and 64 short stories in 2015. It isn’t a lot, I know, but for what it is worth here is a list of the titles I particularly enjoyed and do not hesitate to recommend. In no particular order:
- On Writing – Charles Bukowski (2015)*
- Point Hollow – Rio Youers (2015)
* This is perhaps one for fans, rather than a starting point for readers interested in Bukowski’s work.
- The Absent Shade – Priya Sharma (Black Static #44)
- Men Wearing Makeup – Ralph Robert Moore (Black Static #46)
- All the Day You’ll Have Good Luck – Kate Jonez (Black Static #47)
- A Case Study in Natural Selection and How It Applies to Love – Eric J. Guignard (Black Static #47)
- What We Talk about When We Talk about Love – Raymond Carver (collection of the same name)
- Morality – Stephen King (collection: The Bazaar of Bad Dreams)*
- I Have Heard the Mermaids Sing – Ray Cluley (collection: Probably Monsters)*
* I am still currently reading The Bazaar of Bad Dreams and Probably Monsters.